Easy to handle design is built to tackle the toughest of fishing challenges
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (April 27, 2016) – Cuda introduces a complete new line of precision gaffsengineered to deliver deadly accuracy in a design that is lightweight and easy to handle. The line, which includes four models ranging in length from four to eight feet, features carbon-fiber shafts and Cuda’s patented stainless steel gaff hooks.
“When it comes to landing the big catch, you need a gaff that is lightweight and easy to use, yet strong enough to handle the toughest fish,” said Capt. RickConstantine, vice president of marketing for Cuda. “Our new gaffs are designed to provide consistent, high-end performance – catch after catch.”
Cuda’s new gaffs integrate carbon-fiber shafts that are lightweight yet extremely strong. In addition, each gaff features a patented stainless steel hook engineered to exact tolerances, allowing for the perfect strike and capture. Each stainless steel hook offers advanced corrosion and adhesion resistance, which makes for easy cleanup and long-lasting durability.
Cuda gaffs are designed to float in the event that they go overboard. Additionally, they come with tactile corded grips, integrated tip protectors and are backed by Cuda’s lifetime warranty.
The four new gaff models include:
- 4-foot shaft with a 2-inch hook(Item #18136)
- 6-foot shaft with a 3-inch hook (Item #18137)
- 8-foot shaft with a 2-inch hook(Item #18138)
- 8-foot shaft with a 4-inch hook (Item #18139)
Prices range from $149.99 to $269.00. For more information about Cuda’s new line of precision gaffs, visit www.cudabrand.com and click on the “Products” tab, or call 800-835-2263.
Cuda fishing knives and tools are specifically designed for rigorous inshore, offshore and freshwater fishing. Cuda partners with professional fishermen as part of its Cuda Pros program, each hand-picked for their fishing accomplishments and dedication to the fishing community. Cuda Pros extensively test each tool, as well as provide professional insight and knowledge to ensure each Cuda product lives up to its reputation. For more information about the Cuda line and to learn more about Cuda Pros, visit www.cudabrand.com.
W: (414) 316-2100(414) 316-2100, ext. 133
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (January19, 2016) – Acme United Corporation has announced that the company’s Cuda® brandof fishing tools was awarded six GOOD DESIGN® awards from the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
Designed for strength, power and agility, Cuda fishing products are built for the ultimate in fresh and saltwater fishing. Engineered to withstand the most grueling conditions, the Cuda line features titanium bonding, industry-leading corrosion resistance, as well as durable full-tang construction.
Award-winning products include:
- Cuda 9" Titanium Bonded Flex Fillet Knife (Item No. 18832)
- Cuda 7.5" Mono/Braid Fishing Pliers & Wire Cutters (Item No. 18846)
- Cuda 8.5" Titanium Bonded Dehooker (Item No. 18835)
- Cuda 8" Titanium Bonded Snips (Item No. 18825)
- Cuda Grip & Scale - Fish Scale (Item No. 18847)
- Cuda 8" Titanium Bonded Detachable Marine Shear (Item No. 18854)
"We are honored to have been recognized by the GOOD DESIGNawards for design and innovation," said Walter C. Johnson, chairman and CEO, Acme United Corporation. "Our team works with some of the best anglers in the industry to design innovative products that are fierce, tough and proven to work."
"Cuda knives and tools are made to not only perform, they are made to stand the test of time," said Captain Rick Constantine, vice president of marketing, Acme United Corporation. "The design is sleek, functional and strong, ensuring that the only fight you have is with your fish, not your tools."
Founded in 1950, the GOOD DESIGN awards remain one of the oldest and the world’s most recognized programs for design excellence. Submissions were received from over 47 countries.
For more information about Cuda and its line of fishing products, visit: www.cudabrand.com
Cuda fishing knives and tools are specifically designed for rigorous inshore, offshore and freshwater fishing. The Cuda brand partners with professional fishermen to be Cuda Pros, each hand-picked for their fishing accomplishments and dedication to the fishing community. Cuda Pros extensively test each tool, as well as provide professional insight and knowledge to ensure each Cuda product lives up to its reputation. For more information on the Cuda line and to learn more about the Cuda Pros, visit www.cudabrand.com.
About Acme United Corporation
Acme United Corporation is a leading worldwide supplier of Innovative Branded cutting, measuring and safety products in the school, home, office, hardware & industrial markets. The company has facilities in the United States, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong and China. Acme United products are organized under four global brands: Westcott, Clauss, PhysiciansCare, and Camillus, all of which serve a growing customer base that includes the world's premier retailers and merchandisers. For more information, visit www.acmeunited.com.
# # #
Editors’ Note: For product photography and sample requests, please contact Brian Meehan at [email protected] or call (414) 316-2100(414) 316-2100 FREE, ext. 133.
Cuda Grip & Scale voted Best in Show in ICAST’s Fishsmart Category.
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – In a sea of new products featured in this year's New Product Showcase during the annual International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades, one product stood out amongst the others in the FishSmart Tackle Category – the Cuda Grip & Scale.
This year, 253 companies entered over 700 tackle products and accessories into 24 categories in the New Product Showcase, all vying for the overall ICAST 2014 "Best of Show" award. Cuda's very own Grip & Scale was entered into the category of FishSmart Tackle, eventually taking home the category's title of Best in Show.
The 11.5" Cuda Grip & Scale is designed with an Aluminum Alloy structure, widely used in marine-based tools for its strength, rigidity and corrosion resistance. The Grip & Scale also features an integrated 50-pound scale, as well as the line's signature non-slip Cuda scale patterned grip.
ICAST marked the official brand launch of Cuda, a line of knives and tools dedicated to fresh and saltwater fishing, which were developed and tested in tandem with professional fishermen in fresh and saltwater environments to ensure the highest quality and reliability.
"We are honored to be recognized with a Best of Show ICAST award. The Cuda line has been in development for nearly three years, so to be recognized for our team's dedication is extremely pleasing. We're very excited about the Cuda line – fishing is our passion and we are thrilled to be able to take our fishing knowledge and combine it with our cutting and material technologies to create a true departure in fishing tools. We’re just getting started."
-Captain Rick Constantine, Cuda Fishing Tools
In addition to the Grip & Scale, the Cuda line offers a diverse range of fishing tools, all backed by a lifetime warranty, including: snips, wire cutters and pliers; knives; skin grippers; sharpeners and sheaths; scissors and shears; as well as de-hookers, tag sticks and harpoons.
To learn more about the Cuda line of fishing tools, visit www.cudabrand.com
Professionally designed line of tools ideal for fresh and salt water fishing
ORLANDO, Fla. – Designed with strength, durability, and precision in mind, the Cuda® line of knives and tools dedicated to fresh and saltwater fishing will officially launch at The International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades – better known as iCast – July 15 – 18 (booth 2585).
Taking inspiration from the Barracuda, the Cuda line has been developed and tested in tandem with professional fishermen in fresh and saltwater environments, to ensure the highest quality and reliability. Titanium Bonded® steels and alloys guarantee blades and tools to be three times harder than untreated options, providing world-class hardness, corrosion and adhesive resistance.
The new brand also offers a diverse range of products all backed by a lifetime warranty, including:
- Snips, Wire Cutters & Pliers These products all feature Titanium Bonded Carbon Steel; visible full-tang Steel construction, and non-slip Cuda scale pattern grips. Products range in size from 6.75" to 11" and can cut through Mono and Fluorocarbon (as well as wire and braid, in some instances).
- Grip & Scale/Skin Gripper The 6" Cuda Skin Gripper is designed to grip fish skin while filleting, features a dual position handle and is constructed with visible full-tang aluminum alloy. At 11.5", the Cuda Grip & Scale has an integrated 50-pound scale and aluminum alloy structure.
- Knives With lengths ranging from 2.5" – 10", all Cuda knives are constructed with German 4116 corrosion-resistant stainless steel, a visible full tang and non-slip Cuda scale pattern grip. Varying by function, blade designs include Bait, Net, Curved Boning, Flex Fillet, Chunk, Serrated, and Butcher/Breaking.
- Sharpeners/Sheaths Cuda Sharpeners are designed to sharpen non-serrated knives and shears with one hand by suctioning to clean, flat surfaces. Small and compact, Cuda Knife and Shear Sharpeners are built with Aluminum Alloy and ABS construction. Cuda Fisherman’s Sheath is designed to provide protection, drainage and storage while Cuda knives are not in use.
- Scissors/Shears With corrosion-resistant construction and non-slip bows, Cuda Scissors and shears are designed to cut Braided Line, Mono and Fluorocarbon. Available in two sizes: 3" Cuda Micro Scissor and 8" Cuda Marine Shears.
- De-Hookers/Tag Sticks/Harpoons Cuda De-Hooker features a Titanium-bonded de-hooking mechanism as well as a visible, full-tang Aluminum construction. Cuda Telescoping Tag Sticks and Harpoons are built with an aircraft aluminum shaft, telescope from 35" – 73" and feature channeled water drainage and a corrosion-resistant construction.
A select group of Cuda Pros: Bob Izumi, as seen on the syndicated television show Real Fishing, Mariko Izumi of Real Fishing and the World Fishing Network’s Hookin’ Up, and four captains seen on National Geographic Channel’s hit series Wicked Tuna: TJ Ott, Tyler McLaughlin, Dave Marciano, and Dave Carraro, will be using Cuda tools on upcoming episodes of their respective television shows.
TJ Ott will appear at Cuda’s iCast booth on Wednesday, July 16th from 1-3 p.m. and Bob Izumi will appear on Thursday, July 17th from 1-3 p.m.
Cuda fishing knives and tools are specifically designed for rigorous inshore, offshore and freshwater fishing. The Cuda brand has partnered with six professional fishermen to be Cuda Pros, each hand-picked for their fishing accomplishments and dedication to the fishing community. Cuda Pros provide their professional insight and knowledge to ensure each Cuda product lives up to its reputation. For more information on the Cuda line and to learn more about the Cuda Pros, visit http://www.cudabrand.com/